SAP Adobe Document Services Licensing: Using the tool Adobe LiveCycle Designer and the Adobe document services, and using pure print forms (not interactive) is part of the license of the relevant SAP solution (including SAP NetWeaver).
Adobe Document Service Licensing Cirteria
If the following three criteria apply to you, you must purchase an additional license from SAP for your SAP Interactive Forms:
- You create templates for interactive forms.
- You create your own customer-specific interactive form templates or change an interactive form template delivered by SAP by adding further interactive fields or changing the data binding of existing interactive fields to the back end.
(Such modifications are over and above cosmetic changes in form templates delivered by SAP such as adding your own logo or static texts, and are therefore subject to license.)
- You use interactive forms in a production system, that is, end users fill in generated PDF forms during business operations.
Note that the additional license also affects interactive forms used by SAP partners (independent software vendors – ISV), who deliver these forms as part of their products developed on the SAP NetWeaver platform.
The license for SAP Interactive Forms is an official SAP license. For further details, consult your contact person in your local SAP sales office.
SAP Adobe Document Services Licensing PDF
Check the following PDF Explaining in detail the licensing of SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe in SAP.
Further Reading for SAP ADS Licensing:
- SAP Note: 750784 – SAP Interactive Forms: Licenses.
- SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe
- Adobe Document Services Licensing in SAP
This detailed and comprehensive guide shows you how to create and design forms with SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe. SAP and Adobe experts explain how to use Interactive Forms and integrate it into your SAP business processes and workflows. Extensive examples illustrate how you can fully benefit from modern SAP form technology. This book has all the information you need to answer your questions, increase your knowledge, and improve your efficiency.
1. Getting Started Learn how to install software components, create form templates, and output forms. The first several chapters of the book are devoted to getting started with SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe.
2. Beginners and Experts Consult step-by-step instructions about how to develop and implement your own form design solutions. Both beginners and experts can benefit from the increasing degree of complexity of the examples.
3. All-in-One Solution Discover how to create interactive, digital, or printed forms with detailed and extensive instructions (for example, via Adobe Document Services, Adobe LiveCycle Designer, or interface calls).
4. Updated and Expanded Edition Explore new topics such as the parallelization of print jobs, ABAP Offline Infrastructure, and job profile management. This edition is updated for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EhP 2.
- Adobe Document Services
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer
- Web Dynpro
- Script programs
- Form Builder
- SAP NetWeaver Portal
- ABAP Offline Infrastructure
- XDC Editor
- JobProfiles Editor
- Parallelization of print jobs