Upload Excel File to internal table in SAP using the standard FM TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP is common business requirement for fast upload data or mass data manipulation.
Find also a full ABAP Program, just copy and paste it and start playing with excel.?
TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP: Excel FM in SAP
The simplest way is to use standard function TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP
- ?i_line_header: defines if the file has a header line ( column for title)
- ?i_filename : set the filename
- ?i_tab_converted_data : is the internal table containing data from excel file.
SAP Upload Excel File to ABAP Internal Table
Here a sample ABAP Program to?upload excel file to internal table in sap. It will take an Excel file as input and import the content to an ABAP internal Table.
The step-step guide is :
- Call to Function F4_FILENAME: This function will help select the Excel file from your local driver.
- Call to the magical standard SAP?TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP.
Look above for the Function?TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP signature and description.
These function will return the data in Excel into SAP internal table.
- Display Excel content with a sample Write Structure.
Do whatever you want with the data.
ABAP Report to Upload Excel File in SAP
Here a sample ABAP Report ready to be copied and which, hopefully, will help you as a skeleton for your Excel File processing in SAP.
In fact, this ABAP code will
- upload an Excel File for Local ( using the F4_FILENAME to select the excel file )
- and transfer all the excel data to ABAP internal Table using TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP ( to be displayed later ).
PARAMETERS: p_file TYPE rlgrap-filename.
PARAMETERS: p_head TYPE char01 DEFAULT 'X'.
TYPES: BEGIN OF t_datatab,
col1(30) TYPE c,
col2(30) TYPE c,
col3(30) TYPE c,
END OF t_datatab.
DATA: it_datatab TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF t_datatab,
wa_datatab TYPE t_datatab.
DATA: it_raw TYPE truxs_t_text_data.
* At selection screen
AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_file.
CALL FUNCTION 'F4_FILENAME'
field_name = 'P_FILE'
file_name = p_file.
" Convert Excel Data to SAP internal Table Data
CALL FUNCTION 'TEXT_CONVERT_XLS_TO_SAP'
* I_FIELD_SEPERATOR =
i_line_header = p_head
i_tab_raw_data = it_raw " WORK TABLE
i_filename = p_file
i_tab_converted_data = it_datatab "ACTUAL DATA
conversion_failed = 1
OTHERS = 2.
IF sy-subrc <> 0.
MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE sy-msgty NUMBER sy-msgno
WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4.
" For sample, Excel Data transfered to internal table is displayed with write
LOOP AT it_datatab INTO wa_datatab.
Managing Excel file with ABAP: ABAP2XLSX
If you want to go further with Excel in SAP, have a look on the SAPLINK ABAP2XLSX. It is available in GITHUB.
I have already used it with a productive project and I was surprised with how many opportunities it gives.
For example, you can manage very easily the formatting of Cell with the ABAP2XLSX classes.
Handling Data to and from Excel, is a way more completed and easily using the predefined methods.