ABAP in Notepad++ ( ABAP Syntax Highlighting )
ABAP in Notepad++: Some times access to SAP system is not available. So you may need to view the ABAP sources in offline mode.
The best solution is to open ABAP sources (*.abap) ?notepad++ with an ABAP Plugin. This is an step by step SAP tutorial to configure?ABAP in Notepad++.
ABAP in Notepad++: Adding ABAP Syntax
- Download Notepad++ from Notepad++ Download page
- Download the ABAP syntax file from sourceforge userDefinedLang ABAP.zip
- Unzip the zip file to get ABAP.xml file.
- Open Notepad++, go to Menu > Language > Define your language, and click on Import button.
- Choose ABAP.xml file, you should get popup ‘Import successful’.
- These steps would make Notepad++ capable of syntax highlighting.
How to set ABAP in Notepad?Syntax
Notepad++ will open the ABAP synytax mode for *.abap file. ( finally, it is a text file but the extension is .abap).
Else, you can set the Syntax highlighting in nodepad++ through,
go to Menu > Language > ABAP
Improved ABAP Highlighter in NotePad++
So nice guy has shared a more cooler version of the UDL file. It will display ABAP code more like New ABAP?Editor. ( thanks dude )
Just download the file ABAP in Notepad++?and add it to your notepad++ UDL ( User Defined Language ) and it will works like a hell.
( it is a 7zip file, just unzip it and get the abap2.xml file )
For more details check both these link