What’s SAP HANA ? SAP HANA is SAP’s vision of in-memory computing.
Based upon several existing technologies, SAP HANA is a database system, designed to greatly speed up database accesses when reading data, while not slowing data insertion.
In several real-world scenarios, SAP has managed to show speedup of more than 10 orders of magnitude, compared to previously recorded performance figures on legacy database systems.
Table of Contents
What’s SAP HANA ?
Many clients who have implemented SAP HANA have managed to achieve speedups of between 5 and 7 orders of magnitude—of course, the achieved increased speed depends on several factors, including the state of the original system, the time and effort spent transferring it to SAP HANA, and the workload.
If the original system was not well designed, and the transfer to SAP HANA used as an opportunity to rework the data model, then the improvements would be greater.
HANA doesn’t actually mean anything, but some people have coined the phrase High performance ANalytical Appliance, and as this name suggests, it is not just some software you can install.
The SAP HANA system comprises both the software and the hardware necessary to function. By selling SAP HANA as a complete system of its own SAP HANA database on certified hardware supplied by partners such as IBM, HP, and Dell, SAP can guarantee some level of performance (and avoid support calls from clients who aren’t getting the performance level they think they should be getting).
Check also these SAP HANA Related Posts:
- Install SAP HANA as an Eclipse Plugin
- SAP HANA Onlines Courses
- SAP Hana Studio Download – How to
- Core Data Services (CDS) on SAP HANA – Overview
What’s SAP HANA ? A quick Introduction and Walk through
- Understand what is an In-Memory Database
- Understand the differences from a traditional data base
- Understand the Architecture
- Understand the capabilities through proof points
- Understand persistence and recovery
- Understand the setup
- Get introduced to the SAP HANA Studio
- Expressive and immersive teaching with demonstrations and tools
- Small, purposeful videos, packed with information, designed specifically for a virtual self paced audience.
- Exercises, Tailored reading material and quizzes.
What are the requirements?
- Any prior knowledge on Databases, reporting and in general IT is good to have but not necessary.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Participants will be able to differentiate SAP HANA from a classical DB approach
- Understand and explain its architecture, speed, persistence options
- Understand the different use cases and identify its applications
- Understand some basic fundamentals like a report and modeling artifacts
What is the target audience?
- This course is at a beginner level, absolutely anybody can take this course.