SAP PP Tcodes – Production Planning Transactions Codes in SAP: list of Important Tcodes in SAP PP Classified by Topics / PP Objects.
The Main Topics covered here are: SAP Tcodes for Routing, Capacity, Planning, BOM, Order Closing and Order Planning in SAP PP.
Let’s start by a short definition of Routing in SAP Planning Production.
A representation of how you process work on your floor. Typically, a routing is made up of a series of operations, also called routing steps. However, a routing may include other steps, such as Hold or Scrap, or other routing.
Table of Contents
SAP PP Tcodes for Routing (transaction codes)
In SAP Production Planning (PP), a routing is a series of tasks or operations that are required to complete a production process. It specifies the sequence of operations to be performed, the resources that are required for each operation, and the relationship between the various tasks.
Routing is an essential part of the production process as it helps to determine the production time, the required materials, and the capacity requirements for each operation. It is used to define the production process for a particular material or product in SAP PP.
The Main Routing transaction codes in SAP PP are:
|SAP PP Tcodes||SAP Routing Transaction Codes|
|CA11||Create Reference Operation Sets|
|CA21||Create Rate Routings|
|CA31||Create Reference Rate Routings|
You may check also SAP PP Tables Important Production Planning Tables in SAP PP
Planning in SAP PP
In SAP Production Planning (PP), planning refers to the process of determining the most efficient and cost-effective way to produce a given product or material. This involves considering various factors such as available resources, capacity, and demand. There are several different types of planning that can be carried out in SAP PP, including:
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP): This is a process used to determine the required quantities of materials and components needed to produce a given product. It takes into account the current inventory levels, lead times, and production schedules to calculate the required quantities.
- Capacity Planning: This is the process of determining the capacity requirements for each operation in the production process, taking into account the available resources and the anticipated demand for the product.
- Production Planning: This is the process of determining the most efficient and cost-effective way to produce a given product, taking into account the available resources, capacity, and demand.
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP): This is a process used to align the demand for a product with the production and supply capabilities of the organization. It involves coordinating the planning processes across different departments and functions, such as sales, marketing, finance, and production.
Overall, planning in SAP PP plays a key role in ensuring that production is carried out efficiently and effectively, and that the finished products meet the needs of the customer.
SAP PP Planning Main Tcodes
Here are some of the most commonly used transaction codes (t-codes) in SAP Production Planning (PP):
- MD01: This t-code is used to create a material requirements planning (MRP) run. It allows you to specify the planning horizon, the materials to be planned, and the planning parameters.
- MD02: This t-code is used to display the results of an MRP run. It shows the planned orders and purchase requisitions for each material, as well as the planned delivery dates.
- MD04: This t-code is used to display the stock/requirement list for a given material. It shows the current stock levels, planned receipts and issues, and the resulting net requirements.
- MD05: This t-code is used to display the planned orders and purchase requisitions for a given material. It shows the planned quantity, due date, and source of supply for each planned order or requisition.
- MD07: This t-code is used to display the capacity requirements for a given work center. It shows the planned capacity requirements for each work center, as well as the available capacity.
- MD11: This t-code is used to create a planned independent requirements (PIR) for a given material. It allows you to specify the required quantity and the required delivery date for the material.
- MD12: This t-code is used to display the planned independent requirements (PIRs) for a given material. It shows the PIRs that have been created for the material, as well as the planned delivery dates.
These are just a few examples of the many t-codes that are used in SAP PP. There are many others that can be used for specific tasks such as creating production orders, defining bill of materials, and managing quality control processes.
SAP PP Planning Full list of tcodes
Here the main list of Transaction Codes for Planning in SAP PP:
|SAP PP Planning Tcodes||Description|
|MD25 / MD26 / MD27||Create/Change/Display planning calendar respectively.|
|MDL1 / MDL2 / MDL3||Create/Change/Display production lot respectively.|
|MD01||Total planning online|
|MDBT||Total planning in background|
|MD03||This transaction code is used for Single-item /single-level planning|
|MD02||Single-item/ multi-level planning|
|MD43||Interactive single-item planning|
|MD50||Multi-level/ make-to-order planning|
|MD51||Multi-level project planning|
|MD20/ MD21||Create/Display planning file entry respectively.|
|MD11 / MD12||Create/Display planned order respectively.|
|MD13 / MD16||Individual and collective access of planned order respectively|
|MDLD||print MRP list.|
|MD61/ MD62 / MD63||Create/Change/Display planned independent requirements respectively|
|MS31/ MS32 / MS33||Create/Change/Displayy planning scenario respectively|
|MF50/ MF52||Change/Display planning table respectively.|
|CO01/ CO02/ CO03||Create/Change/Display production control order respectively.|
BOM in SAP PP
In SAP Production Planning (PP), a bill of materials (BOM) is a list of the materials and components that are required to produce a finished product. It specifies the quantities of each component that are needed, as well as the unit of measure and the description of each component.
A BOM can be created at the material level, at the production version level, or at the sales order level. At the material level, the BOM is used to define the components that are required to produce a given material. At the production version level, the BOM is used to define the components that are required to produce a given version of a material. At the sales order level, the BOM is used to define the components that are required to produce a specific quantity of a material for a given customer order.
In SAP PP, the BOM plays a key role in the production process as it helps to determine the required materials and components, the production time, and the capacity requirements for each operation. It is also used in the material requirements planning (MRP) process to calculate the required quantities of materials and components.
SAP PP Tcodes for BOM in SAP PP
Here the list of the important Tcodes in SAP PP for BOM (Bill-Of-Material).
|SAP PP BOM Tcodes||Description|
|CS02||ModifySAP BOM Tcode|
|CS11||Explode BOM level by level single and multi level|
|CS12||Explode multi-level BOM|
|CS13||Display summarized BOM|
|CS03||Display single-level BOM|
Find more about SAP BOM Main Tcodes
SAP Order Planning tcodes
SAP Order Planning in SAP Production Planning (PP) is the process of determining the most efficient and cost-effective way to produce a given quantity of a material for a specific customer order.
It involves considering various factors such as available resources, capacity, and demand, and coordinating the planning processes across different departments and functions.
For Order Planning in SAP PP ,the main Transaction Codes are:
|SAP Order Planning tcodes||Description|
|OPL8||Order type parameters: Overview|
|OPJJ||Maintain Scope of Check|
|OPKP||Shop floor control profile|
|OPJH||Order types production order|
|OPK8||Maintain print control prod. orders|
|OPK0||Confirmation Parameters PP|
|OPJ2||Production order stock determination|
|OPJB||Specify system messages|
|OPJG||Maintain Default Values|
|OPJ8||Maintain Operation Control Key|
|OPKA||Maintain Movement Types|
|OPLE||Strategy types: Batch determ. (prod)|
SAP Order Closing Tcodes in SAP PP
Order Closing in SAP Production Planning can be managed using the following SAP PP Tcodes:
|SAP PP Capacity TCodes||Description|
|COA1||PP: Archiving orders : preparation|
|COA3||PP: Archiving orders : retrieval|
|COA2||SAP PP: Archiving orders|
|COA9||PP: Archiving delete orders|
|COA4||PP: Archiving order : administration|
SAP PP Tcodes for Capacity
Capacity in SAP PP is:
Capacity in SAP Production Planning (PP) refers to the available resources, such as machines, labor, and materials, that are required to complete a given production process or task.
Actually, “Capacity is the ability to perform a certain task.Capacities are divided into capacity categories. They are arranged hierarchically below the resource.”*
The whole list of SAP Transaction Codes for Capacity in SAP PP are:
|SAP PP Capacity Tcodes||Description|
|CM21||Capacity leveling work center view Capacity planning table|
|CM22||Capacity leveling work center view Capacity planning table (tabular form)|
|CM27||Capacity leveling individual capacity view Capacity planning table|
|CM28||Capacity leveling individual capacity view Capacity planning table (tabular form)|
|CM31||Capacity planning table forCapacity leveling order view|
|CM23||Capacity leveling order view Capacity planning table (tabular form)|
|CM25||Variable capacity leveling: Online|
|CM40||Execute in the background Variable capacity leveling:|
|CM41||Variable capacity leveling: Background log|
|CM32||Capacity leveling project view Capacity planning table|
|CM26||Capacity leveling project view Capacity planning table (tabular form)|
|CN22 / CN23||Capacity requirements Change/display network respectively|
|MD12 / MD13||Capacity requirements Change/ display planned order respectively|
|CM01||This transaction code is used for Capacity evaluation work center view: Load|
|CM02||Capacity evaluation work center view: Orders|
|CM03||Capacity evaluation work center view: Pool|
|CM04||Backlog: Capacity evaluation work center view|
|CM05||Capacity evaluation work center view: Overload|
|CM07||Variable capacity evaluation|
|CM50||Extended evaluation: Work center view|
|CM51||Extended evaluation: Individual capacity view|
|CM52||This transaction code is used for extended evaluation: Order view|
|CM53||Extended evaluation: Project view: WBS element/operation|
|CM54||Extended evaluation: Project view: Version|
|CM55||Work center/Version : Extended evaluation|
You can download the more complete list of Transaction Codes in SAP PP here.